Support is available for customers struggling to pay their water and wastewater utility bills. Learn more here: Water & Wastewater Utility Customer Assistance Programs
El soporte está disponible para los clientes que luchan por pagar sus facturas de servicios públicos de agua y aguas residuales. Aprende más aquí: Programas de Asistencia al Cliente de Servicios de Agua y Alcantarillol
LCA Hardship Grant Program
If you need help paying your LCA bill and meet the program eligibility requirements, you can apply for a grant, up to a maximum amount of $400.
- Account Status: Account must have water service turned off or be in threat of service termination and have a balance of at least $200.00.
- Sincere Effort of Payment: Applicants must have paid at least $100 on their account in the past four months.
- Household Income: Total gross household income must be at or below 200% of the 2022 Federal Poverty Income Guidelines. (The Federal Poverty Income Guidelines were updated on February 1, 2022.)
To be considered for this program you must apply. You can submit an application online through our partner Dollar Energy Fund using the MyApp form.
Learn more about Dollar Energy Fund.
Need help applying? Visit any of our Community Partner Organizations, listed below, to review eligibility and complete an application:
- Casa Guadalupe – Walk-ins are welcome from 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Catholic Charities – Allentown Diocese –
*Appointment is required.
Need to make a payment?
There are updated ways to pay your LCA bill, including paying cash at any Walmart store location. Learn more about the Ways to Pay Your Bill.